Friday, November 11, 2005

Is self indulgence shallow, sinful, selfish?

It doesn't have to be. I find my self indulgent nature is often beneficial to others. For example: Say I want to go somewhere interesting. I state this to someone. Their immediate answer is "I can't afford it", or "I'm too tired". Then I tell them that I am going anyway. Knowing this, the person now wants to go. We have fun, we make an adventure out of it, if just for an evening or for 24 hours. We make the absolute most out of the time, talking, laughing, dancing, meeting new people. The person who was initially reluctant to go is now so very happy that they did. They are realizing that life is short, and what difference did it really make financially? They had a wonderful experience and that is much better than anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home