Thursday, February 09, 2006

Kitty, Rest in Peace 2/7/06

I had to take Cat 1 back to the emergency vet and he was admitted. Turned out that he had really severe infections that were not getting better due to his failing immune system. The only options were very painful and stressful procedures that sounded like they would make things worse.

So I went to the vet after Cat 1 spent the night and had surgery. He was alert and seemed fine although they had shaved a lot of his fur and he had stitches and drains. I held him and patted him and he gave me some lovin' and they administered the injection. He just fell asleep in my arms and died right then. He was a great cat and I will always miss him and love him.

To comfort myself I have been looking at the photos of the cats for adoption at the local shelter. I am not ready yet, but later I will want another kitty. The house feels so empty.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

-been there Deb, thinking about you...
-take a little while, but DEFINITELY get another kittie...
-A

10:57 PM  
Blogger thedeb said...

Thanks for your kind words, Albert. I will move forward slowly, but I am sure I will get another one.

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home