Tuesday, May 23, 2006

And "you may ask yourself-well...how did I get here?"


It all started back in high school. I was going to Randolph High, and I met a boy from Norwood, Steve Phalen. We met because his Dad and my stepmother worked together. I was 16. I started hanging around Norwood. It was a FUN TOWN. For once my parents were not watching me like hawks. I met Steve's friends, one of whom was Elaine Baglione. We would double date wearing our rabbit fur jackets, she was dating Steve's best friend Tim Bernard. We would leave the boys at the movies and go to the ladies room and smoke cigarettes, and look at pictures of Elaine's brother Frank's friends. We began a friendship that endures to this day. Elaine was a year older than I, and she chose to go to SMU. So did Steve's sister Ann. When it came time for me to go, I thought, here is a place I already know a couple of people... why not? I was accepted to begin in the fall of 1977. Elaine had a roommate already, so I requested to be in her suite (5 bedrooms, 2 girls to each room, 2 bathrooms and a living area). I was randomly placed with Constance Lynn Lowell of Wellesley. I balked at the idea of living with a person who might be a "prep", but what could I do? Was I in for a surprise...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home