Friday, May 26, 2006

Liver

This is Don "Liver" Livesy! Doing "The Liver Dance"- only done when he acheived a certain blood alcohol level. He was a very studious guy, with a great stereo system. He was somewhat less cruel than the others... but could be enlisted to the type of "mob mentality" we feared in the girls suite. This photo was taken at Connie's Cape house in 1977. In an odd turn of events, Liver and I shared two apartments on Beacon Hill in the early 1980s! I forget how we got together at that time. We were very compatible roommates as I recall. I know he is living in Northern California with his wife, Kit, and two adorable children. He never writes, he never calls... we need his e-mail address, damn it. A couple of things I specifically remember about Liver, is that he had a girlfriend with the name "Mullette?"- not sure if that was spelled correctly. But the guys had a lot of fun with the name... and I remember a night where Liver, Tim, Elaine and I (and maybe Michael?) took a drive over the Bourne Bridge late one night, driving recklessly and laughing hysterically. Stupid kids! We could be arrested, or dead- but we did not comprehend such things. In fact, I relished the idea that I was an emancipated girl, no parents paying, so if something happened, nobody ever had to know. But nothing did. It WAS the late 70's, there was much less concern for those issues then. It was the best time to be alive.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

back and forth from the Sagamore Bridge to the Bourne Bridge, and we'd get out of the car, and look down at the water. Then, like always, we went out to breakfast.
xo elaine

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

microdot???

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home